Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Assignment #3 Inspiring Artist

 One style of art that appeals to me can be found in the world of "The Matrix" (1999).  My attention is drawn to the lines of the "Matrix Code"  and also the repeating patterns of the human battery cell chamber.  Here is an example..
Matrix Code
Battery Cell Chamber.

I am not sure who is responsible for the artwork here.  The movie credits a huge team of art designers.  The head of Art Direction for the movie is Hugh Bateup and Michelle McGahey.  I am sure they have the final say on the finished art pieces and the storyboard selections. 
I find art that has depth and repeating patterns and lines to be more of my taste.  I observe the long towers that seem to travel endlessly and get the feeling like I am being drawn into the world.  In the Upper picture, seeing the green text outlining the walls and people remind me of my childhood.  One time I wanted to paint the walls in my bedroom all black and then paint a florescent green grid from top to bottom.  My mother didn't want to go with that idea. 

I get some more inspiration from Bungie studios.  When the game designer creates the tall structures of the world, you get the feeling like you are a thousand feet off of the ground.  The ancient architecture of the game gives even more depth feel than the movie "The Matrix."
I am inspired by the Blue colors used in Halo.  Blue happens to be my favorite color.  I have owned 5 motorcycles and 4 out of 5 have been blue.
Here is a few photos of Halo...

I plan on taking these ideas and placing them into my final project.  let's see how it turns out...

No comments:

Post a Comment